Evolution not revolution. The ARRIS CH3000 offers cable operators a headend optics platform featuring maximum flexibility, scalability, high packaging density, reliability, and operational simplicity. It is a robust and powerful platform for implementing all of today's optical transport architectures and the future-proof chassis system can be quickly reconfigured to support service expansion or topology redeployment.
The high packaging density design makes the CH3000 ideal for applications where rack space is at a premium. The chassis can accommodate a wide variety of both active and passive modules. Modules, depending on their function, may be either half platform depth or full platform depth and single or dual width.
The CH3000 incorporates a unique combination of two patented design features: a mid-plane platform concept and dynamic back plates for all active modules. The chassis mid-plane provides a DC power bus and universal communications bus (supporting local and remote SNMP management) and enables installation of modules from either the front or rear of the chassis, with resulting complete inter-module communication and power for easier deployment, monitoring, and servicing.
Dynamic back plates are easily pre-cabled and installed in the chassis to simplify installation of active modules. Active modules can then be mated with associated back plates to ensure a fast, tool-less interconnection for power, optical, and RF connections. Modules are hot-swappable without disconnecting cables or fibers.
Details for CH3000 Headend Optics Platform
- DOCSIS® 3.1 support for future capacity expansion to 1.2 GHz downstream, 204 MHz upstream
- Innovative Future-Proof Chassis (CH3000)
- Supports up to 32 double-density, 16 full-depth,or 32 half-depth modules, in a 13" deep 3RU chassis designed for front or rear module insertion
- All slots are identical and support any configuration of modules
- Patented dynamic back plate system features fast, tool-less module changes without touching cables or fibers
- Integrated chassis control and management with immediate detection of active module alarms
- Accepts comprehensive lineup of active and passive modules in the same chassis to increase functional density
- Rugged AC and DC Power Supplies with Integrated Monitoring and Control
- Intelligent Network Management Modules – CX3002 and NI3030
- Configure, monitor, and manage with OptiTrace™ Element Management System
Get Connected to the Access Technologies Resource Center where you can find Manuals, Quick Guides, Data Sheets, Videos and much more!
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.