CHP Max5000® Headend chassis applications converge HFC and digital transport onto a single scalable system, allowing operators to accelerate deployment of VOD, high-speed data, telephony, and other advanced services in a space-saving footprint. The CHP Max5000 offers 13 module slots in a 2RU chassis: 10 module slots for application modules, 2 for isolated redundant power supplies, and 1 for a local or remote management module. A high-speed shelf interconnect option with a 100 BaseT Ethernet connection provides operators with daisy chaining capability for multiple chassis, while front or rear fiber connection options provide them with installation and maintenance flexibility. By utilizing CHP Max5000 Headend chassis applications, operators can seamlessly and easily stay in line with future goals, add new services, and strongly position their services against the competition.
CHP Max5000 isolated, load‐sharing, redundant power supplies are efficient, switched mode modules that accept either AC or DC input. One power supply supports a completely loaded chassis, while two offer power redundancy that eliminates service interruption if one power supply or line‐in feed service fails. The CHP Max5000 provides Universal management through the Craft interface, SNMP with HMS, or remote IP access via a Craft Management Module (CMM) or System Management Module (SMM).
Operators with a large base of active CHP Max5000 Converged Headend Platform can seamlessly and easily transition to any CHP Max5000 application. The addition of new multiwavelength transmitters into the CHP Max5000 portfolio enables operators to maximize their installed fiber assets by multiplying the number of customers that can be serviced for more voice, video, and data services revenues.
Details for CHP Max5000® Headend Optics Platform
- Optimize headend and hub efficiencies with industry leading density and low power consumption of up to 20 transmitters or 40 receivers per 2RU chassis
- Up to 44 full spectrum wavelengths for harvesting new bandwidth through node segmentation
- Support multiple optical architectures including full spectrum, overlay, and RFoG
- Integrated optical passives for further reduction of footprint
- DOCSIS® 3.1 support for future capacity expansion to 1.2 GHz downstream, 300 MHz upstream
- Transmitters with variable output reduce need for troublesome optical attenuators and front or rear fiber connection to simplify installation and cable management
- Local/Remote Craft Management (CMM) and System Management (SMM) modules
- Configure, monitor, and manage with CORView™ Element Management System
Get Connected to the Access Technologies Resource Center where you can find Manuals, Quick Guides, Data Sheets, Videos and much more!
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.