The CX3002 Communications Module with its built-in web server permits remote web-based monitoring and management with graphical user interfaces and functionality that mirror the family of Opti-Trace™ applications.
This capability enables cable engineers and technicians to use an Internet Explorer®, Firefox®, or Safari® browser to configure and monitor modules in the CH3000 Chassis from any location, and also extends support to popular hand-held devices such as the Apple® iPhone®. With these capabilities, technical staff can check the integrity of their systems from any PC, anywhere, and are not tied to computers that have been previously pre-configured with special software. Mounted on top of any power supply module, the CX3002 monitors the chassis mid-plane alarm line and does not require a dedicated slot in the chassis.
The CX3002 maintains a separate cache of status and configuration information for each active CH3000 module during runtime. It also provides automatic healing so that power-down failure will not affect communications within a daisy-chain of remaining CX3002s.
Details for Element Management CX3002
- SNMP proxy agent monitors modules in CH3000 Chassis and external equipment
- Easy integration with any standard SNMP-compliant NMS
- Provides status, alarms, configuration and SNMP hosts traps
- Embedded web server for web-based management of CH3000 Chassis
- Instruments standards-based SCTE HMS Alarms framework
- Supports the ARRIS Opti-Trace family of management software and third party software over a standard IP network
- Two 10BaseT ports; second port supports daisy-chaining of CX3002 modules in multiple chassis
- No additional chassis slot required (mounts on top of any power supply module from rear of chassis)
- Field upgradeable software
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.