Cable operators must have investment-protecting, cost-effective, scalable solutions that leverage existing infrastructure. With ARRIS Fiber to the Premises RFoG solutions, operators can now supply greenfield communities and small to medium businesses with video, voice, and data at DOCSIS® speeds, and quickly “light up” MDUs and rural communities in an economical fashion. ‘All fiber’ connectivity enables cable operators to claim parity with other Fiber to the Home (FTTH) architectures and provides a future migration path to PON without changing the outside plant infrastructure. Triple play services delivered over RFoG work the same as those delivered over coax and make use of existing headend, back office, and customer premise equipment.
Details for FTTMax RFoG ONU
- All passive network and ONUs at the customer premises simplifies fault isolation
- Conserves space and powering with a small form factor and less than 4 watts power consumption
- Provides flexibility in network design with 1310/1550 nm or 1610/1550 nm optical channel plans available
- Allows PON based data services to be added using optional built in EPON upgrade port
- Built in optical filtering prevents interference from 1G and 10 EPON wavelengths
- Conforms to SCTE RFoG standard and aligns with IEEE 802.ah Gigabit EPON
- Optical automatic gain control (AGC) maintains RF output levels over a range of optical inputs
- Burst mode upstream transmission suppresses noise from the subscriber location
Get Connected to the Access Technologies Resource Center where you can find Manuals, Quick Guides, Data Sheets, Videos and much more!
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.