The OmniStar™ GX2, one of the world’s most widely deployed optical platforms, provides superior module density, while continuing the OmniStar legacy of scalability, superior performance and flexibility, and operational simplicity. The four rack-unit chassis accepts up to 16 hot-swappable application modules, minimizing headend space requirements. With superior 1310 nm and 1550 nm full spectrum multiwavelength solutions, the OmniStar GX2 enables operators the ability to offer advanced, revenue-generating voice, video, and data services. The universal platform and full complement of application modules can accommodate a full spectrum, overlay, RFoG, and other variety of system architectures.
Details for GX2 OmniStar Headend Optics Platform
- High density optical platform with up to 16 transmitters or 64 receivers per chassis for headend space optimization
- Full spectrum multiwavelength capabilities for harvesting new bandwidth through node segmentation
- Support multiple optical architectures including full spectrum, overlay, and RFoG
- Blind mate chassis interface for ease of installation and maintenance
- Integrated shelf display for local chassis set-up and configuration
- Redundant powering capability is enabled without reducing transmitter/receiver densities
Get Connected to the Access Technologies Resource Center where you can find Manuals, Quick Guides, Data Sheets, Videos and much more!
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.