The ARRIS OM2741 Opti Max™ provides cable operators with a compact, fiber deep solution to manage network growth. The node features integrated segmentation switches that allow future segmentation without any additional parts or expense. The technician can enable new segments by simply adding a transmitter or receiver as required, then flipping a switch to activate the new configuration. By reducing the requirement for additional configuration boards and minimizing maintenance time, the OM2741 provides a lower total cost of ownership for the MSO.
With its premium high-gain receiver and advanced, next-generation GaN hybrid technology, the OM2741 is appropriate for a variety of architectures. The node accepts modules and accessories common with the 4x4 fully segmentable OM4100, easing sparing requirements, reducing inventory, and simplifying deployment training.
As a cascade reduction tool, the OM2741 also supports optical upgrades for legacy products, including OM2700 and select Navicor nodes, Flex Net 700/800 series amplifiers, and Flex Max® 900 amplifiers. CORWave® multiwavelength solutions are helping to evolve older networks by allowing operators to transmit additional content to existing master node locations. These new wavelengths are demuxed at the main node location and onto new fiber that is then pulled to the optimum amplifier location for conversion to an optical node. This method of enabling service group segmentation and capacity expansion helps reduce the overall cost of network upgrades, while also helping to extend fiber closer to the premise.
The OM2741 supports optional 85 MHz digital return path transceivers featuring pluggable SFPs. SFPs are available in 1310, 1550, CWDM, and DWDM technologies to tailor to any network requirement. Combined with the complementary CHP digital return receivers, digital return links allow increased distances in the return path, a wider range of operating temperature for better reliability, and the capability to change return segmentation from the headend without a costly truck roll.
Details for OM2741 Opti Max Optical Node
- 1 GHz 2x2 Segmentable Node
- Ideal solution for new fiber deep network extensions
- Compact footprint and feature-scaled for lower Homes Passed
- Select optical module commonality with OM6000 and OM4100
- Integrated segmentation switches simplify future node upgrades
- Four high level GaN RF outputs
- 5th RF output can be enabled for trunk output
- High gain receiver with optical AGC
- DOCSIS® transponder available
- Full complement of analog and digital transmitter technologies–1310, CWDM, DWDM, and CORWave multiwavelength technologies
- Integrated optical passive design for multiwavelength support and ease of installation
- 2x42 MHz Digital Return with Service Group Aggregation and CORView integration
- 1x85 MHz Digital Return with SFP Optics
- Cost effective optical migration for RF amplifier cascade reductions–FlexNet 800 and FlexMax 900, 901, 901e
Get Connected to the Access Technologies Resource Center where you can find Manuals, Quick Guides, Data Sheets, Videos and much more!
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.