The ARRIS OM4100 Opti Max™ 4x4 segmentable node provides a high level of scalability, which enables operators to deploy minimal configurations today and expand in the future as subscriber demands increase. Expansion options include migration from a 1x1 node to full downstream and upstream 2x2 and 4x4 segmentation.
Operators can achieve scalability simply by adding in additional upstream transmitters and downstream receivers along with simple plug‐in segmentation modules. The OM4100's optional premium high gain receiver with on‐board automatic gain control (AGC), coupled with GaN technology, operates at a lower optical input level, allowing operators to place nodes deeper into the network for expanded footprint.
The OM4100 supports Coarse Wavelength Division Multiplexing (CWDM), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), and CORWave® multiwavelength technologies to efficiently use existing fiber architecture and avoid the cost and time of installing additional fiber in the plant.
Digital return options with environmentally hardened SFP transmitters provide consistent performance regardless of link budget and support future migration to more complex digital encoding schemes. Multiplexing two data streams onto a single fiber utilizing digital return saves CAPEX and expands upstream bandwidth capacity. The high‐gain receiver's on‐board AGC setting ensures that RF outputs will remain consistent over a range of varying optical input levels to the receiver, eliminating costly 'over‐design' in redundant networks or sacrificing performance on the primary link to achieve identical optical levels at the receiver location. In addition, the OM4100 is frequency split upgradable to meet future bandsplit requirements.
Details for OM4100 Opti Max Node
- 1 GHz Bandwidth; Fiber Deep and HFC outputs supported
- Four active hybrid driven outputs; fully segmentable–1x, 2x, 4x
- Supports up to 85 MHz upstream bandpass
- High gain receiver + GaN Technology to support fiber deep architectures
- Select optical module commonality with OM6000 and OM2741
- Full complement of analog and digital transmitters and receivers, engineered for 1310, CWDM, DWDM, and CORWave multiwavelength technologies
- 2x42 MHz and 2x85 MHz SFP-based Digital Return
- Digital Return options include Service Group Aggregation and CORView EMS integration
- DOCSIS® transponder available
- Select optical passives integration options
Get Connected to the Access Technologies Resource Center where you can find Manuals, Quick Guides, Data Sheets, Videos and much more!
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.