These units are available in three configurations: the OS32M1M single 2x1 optical switch, OS32M2M dual-packaged 2x1 optical switches, and OS32S2S single 2x2 optical switch, all in a single-width, half-depth module.
The features of the OS3200 series of optical switches make them ideally suited to applications where high reliability is required and space and power consumption are important considerations.
Such features include dual wavelength operating windows (1280–1340 nm and 1420–1620 nm), capability of simultaneous counter-propagating signals with the 2x1 switches, local and remote status monitoring and control, and high packaging density.
Details for Optical Switch OS3200
The ARRIS OS3200 series of 2x1 and 2x2 optical switch modules provide fast switching times, low insertion loss and high packaging density.
- Non-latching 2x1 optical switches (in single- and dual-packaged modules) and 2x2 optical switch
- Fast switching speed (<5 ms typical)
- Wide range of user-settable switching thresholds for analog and digital transport applications
- Low insertion loss
- Dual wavelength operating windows (1280–1340 nm and 1420–1620 nm)
- 2x1 switches allow simultaneous counter-propagating signals
- Low power consumption
- Local and remote status monitoring and control
- High packaging density (up to 28 modules, up to 56 switches) per chassis
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.