The APEX1000, our next-generation all-purpose edge QAM, provides flexibility, high-availability, high-QAM density, MediaCipher® encryption, and low power in an extremely cost-effective 1 RU platform. Up to three removable and hot-swappable QAM modules can be installed in the chassis. Each module provides two RF ports; each port supports up to eight QAM channels. All of the 48 available QAM channels can be used for video on demand (VOD), switched digital video (SDV), broadcast services or DOCSIS high-speed data (through support for the M-CMTS architecture).
Details for APEX1000 All-Purpose Edge QAM
- Features a 1 RU chassis that supports up to 48 DRFI-compliant QAM channels and three removable and hot-swappable QAM modules per chassis (two block upconverted RF ports per QAM module)
- Offers QAM modules available in 2x4 configuration (up to four QAM channels per port), 2x8 configuration (up to eight QAM channels per port) and a QAM module software upgrade to field-convert a 2x4 module to a 2x8 module
- Delivers extremely low power consumption
- Provides four GigE interfaces (SFP slots) with support for IGMPv3 and transport stream redundancy
- Supports up to two, dual hot-swappable, redundant load-sharing power supplies (system can operate with either one or two); supports two AC, two DC or one AC and one DC
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.