The ARPD 1000 is a modular, one Rack Unit (RU) high product that supports the inclusion of up to six removable (hot- swappable) demodulator boards (DM boards). The ARPD 1000 performs the same functions as the RPD-1000/2000 products. When compared to the RPD-1000/2000 products the ARPD 1000 has a larger number of upstream demodulators in a smaller physical package and also allows more upstream demodulators to be placed in each upstream path thus saving rack space.
The increased bandwidth capacity of each return path allows the system to support future set-top applications that require large amounts of data in the upstream direction.
The ARPD 1000 is a burst demodulator. At the input, the ARPD1000 receives up to six different electrical RF inputs. Each RF input contains DQPSK modulated MAC cells, transmitted upstream by set-tops out in the cable plant. A demodulator within a DM board in the ARPD1000 chassis performs de-randomization and error correction (FEC).
The output of the ARPD 1000 is UDP/IP/Ethernet carrying an RPD frame as the UDP payload. The ARPD 1000 sends the RPD frame to the destination IP address configured by the operator using the configured destination UDP port number.
Details for ARPD 1000 Compact Demodulator
- High-density compact design— 1 RU chassis holds up to six ADM-4000 Advanced Demodulator Modules* and can be functionally equivalent to three RPD-2000s, saving rack space
- Each ADM-4000 module includes two RF ports (input and output) and supports the ability to demodulate up to three different return channels
- A fully loaded ARPD chassis containing six ADM-4000 modules supports up to six different upstream paths and the ability to demodulate up to 18 different return channels
- The ADM-4000 demodulator modules are front-loading (cables connect in the back) and hot-swappable
- Tuner frequency range is from 5 to 65 MHz, and the dynamic range is 20 dB (0 dBmV ±10 dB)
- Receives and demodulates upstream data packets (MAC cells) transmitted by STBs and performs FEC, marking each received cell as perfect, corrected, or uncorrectable
- Performs power level measurement on each demodulated MAC cell to support the STB power levelling system
- Transmits the demodulated MAC cells containing interactive data and/or polling data to the NC-1500 or RADD over UDP/IP/Ethernet
- Provides status and alarms using SNMP traps
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.