The Advanced RPD (ARPD) offers greater demodulator density in a more-compact chassis than its predecessor, the RPD-2000. It offers a larger number of upstream demodulators in a smaller physical package. Performing the same functions as the RPD-2000 while saving rack space, the ARPD allows multiple upstream demodulators to be placed in each upstream path. This modular, 1 RU product supports the inclusion of up to six removable (hot-swappable) ADM-4000 demodulator modules. It increases the bandwidth capacity of each upstream return path, allowing the system to support increased VOD penetration and the introduction of new interactive features, such as switched digital video.
Details for ARPD Next-Generation Modular Compact Demodulator
- Offers a high-density compact design
- Features a 1 RU chassis that holds up to six ADM-4000 Advanced Demodulator Modules (sold separately) and can be functionally equivalent to three RPD-2000s, saving rack space
- Includes ADM-4000 modules with two RF ports (input and output) and supports the ability to demodulate up to three different return channels
- Provides a fully loaded ARPD chassis containing six ADM-4000 modules supports up to six different upstream paths and the ability to demodulate up to 18 different return channels
- Provides ADM-4000 demodulator modules that are front-loading (cables connect in the back) and hot-swappable
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.