The Broadcast Network Controller (BNC) provides all control and management aspects for the Modular Uplink System and respective downlink commercial IRDs.
There are two versions of the BNC. The Multiplexer BNC (or Mux BNC) is responsible for all Modular Uplink equipment configuration and health monitoring, and for service provisioning. The Decoder Management BNC (or DM BNC) is responsible for all commercial IRD equipment configuration and authorization.
Details for Broadcast Network Controller
- Provides all configuration for all Modular Uplink System and Commercial IRD components
- Provides sophisticated conditional access features, including p! rogram substitution, program blackout, and conditional program delivery
- Allows Encoder Redundancy and Uplink Redundancy to be set up on Modular System to operate without direct BNC involvement in real-time switchover operations
- Provides both GUI access, for manual control, as well as API access, for business system control
- 1RU chassis, with built-in redundant power supplies
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.