CAP-1000 Cherrypicker Application Platform
IP-centric platform for grooming, splicing and remultiplexing
The ARRIS CherryPicker® Application Platform (CAP) is an advanced, IP-centric architecture designed to provide the power, scalability, and reliability required to build high-density digital video solutions for service providers.
CAP reflects more than 10 years of innovation and field-proven performance in ARRIS Emmy-award winning CherryPicker product lines while embodying leading-edge technology that will provide a high-performance host for mission-critical applications into the future.
- Performs grooming, splicing and processing-intensive statistical remultiplexing
- Includes up to 2 Gbps aggregate video stream throughput in a small 1 RU chassis
- Provides redundant and hot swappable power supplies, hot swappable fan trays and field-replaceable input/output and processing modules
- Delivers programmable DSP architecture and 8 times the processing power of the DM 6400 combine to meet evolving technical standards and emerging application needs over time through simple software upgrades
- Inherits more than 80 percent of the software from the Emmy-award winning CherryPicker product line — translates into interoperability and operational ease of use
TECHNICAL TRAINING - browse available CAP-1000 Training in the ARRIS Training Catalog.