The ARRIS CherryPicker® Application Platform (CAP) is an advanced, IP-centric architecture designed to provide the power, scalability, and reliability required to build high-density digital video solutions for service providers. CAP reflects more than 10 years of innovation and field-proven performance in ARRIS Emmy-award winning CherryPicker product lines while embodying leading-edge technology that will provide a high-performance host for mission-critical applications into the future.
Details for CAP-1000 Cherrypicker Application Platform
- Performs grooming, splicing and processing-intensive statistical remultiplexing
- Includes up to 2 Gbps aggregate video stream throughput in a small 1 RU chassis
- Provides redundant and hot swappable power supplies, hot swappable fan trays and field-replaceable input/output and processing modules
- Delivers programmable DSP architecture and 8 times the processing power of the DM 6400 combine to meet evolving technical standards and emerging application needs over time through simple software upgrades
- Inherits more than 80 percent of the software from the Emmy-award winning CherryPicker product line — translates into interoperability and operational ease of use
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.