The E6000® Converged Edge Router (CER) continues the highly successful legacy of the C4 CMTS and delivers new levels of density and cost-effectiveness for high-density markets in a simple, robust integrated architecture.
Like the C4 CMTS, the E6000 CER provides a high availability, high performance solution with high scalability. All elements of the E6000 CER are redundant, either N+1 or 1+1, and all are hot-swappable which adds up to 99.999% system availability. In addition, the E6000 CER integrated architecture minimizes the effort and time required for initial installation, configuration, and troubleshooting. Release 1.0 provides CMTS functionality with all the benefits derived from years of operational experience from the C4 CMTS.
The E6000 CER allows an operator to cost-effectively deploy DOCSIS, PacketCable™, DSG/ADSG, and PacketCable Multimedia (PCMM™) services. Cable operators deploying the E6000 CER will benefit from an unprecedented level of service group and channel density, both upstream and downstream. Cable operators deploying dense (multi-channel) DOCSIS downstream service groups will realize significant savings in terms of head-end real estate (rack space), powering, and cooling requirements by deploying the E6000 CER. The E6000 CER active components can be upgraded via software to stay current with changing service demands without new hardware each time. The E6000 also gives increased flexibility to change service mix allocation without service interruptions and physically re-cabling the headend. In addition, the E6000 CER software is based on that of the C4 CMTS, enabling smooth deployments.
Cable operators who deploy IPv6 with the E6000 will benefit from years of operational IPv6 experience gained with the C4 CMTS.
Details for E6000 Converged Edge Router
- Maximize revenue with capabilities that offer unprecedented 1,700+ downstream capacity per chassis for more services at faster speeds while lower costs per channel
- Prevent outages with 99.999% availability and hitless fail-over of all active CMTS components that decreases outages and time needed to correct them
- Maximize your CapEx with a highly flexible platform that allows scaling from what you need today and to add more channels via software upgrades
- Reduce OpEx with industry-leading rack space, power and cooling efficiencies plus a ‘wire once’ architecture that reduces the need for re-cabling
- Position your network now for the future of DOCSIS 3.0 and CCAP with a revolutionary new platform
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.