The ARRIS range of Gfast bridge modems deliver fiber-like speeds over twisted-pair phone lines or coaxial cable. The devices confirm to the ITU-T G.9700 and 9701 G.Fast standard with the 106MHz band plan.
The range includes models (FST1000, FST1002) for use in a gateways equipped with a standard Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) cage. The modules may be inserted in a SFP cage in the field by an installation technician or the consumer.
The ARRIS FST1203 and FST1305 bridge modems are designed to upgrade the Ethernet WAN interface of legacy gateways. These modems can be mounted in various orientations and locations, desktop or wall mounted, by either installation technicians or the customer.
The FST1305 additionally supports VDSL2 profile 35b received over a twisted pair phone-lines. When in VDSL2 mode it is managed by the ITU-T G.997.1 embedded operations channel.
All models provice K.21 level lightning protection and may be managed using the ITU-T G.997.2 embedded operations channel.
- ITU-T G.9700 & 9701 G.Fast, 106MHz band plan
- ITU-T G.994.2 Handshake
- ITU-T G.977.2 Management
- Modulation: DMT 2048, 51.75KHz spacing
- Time Domain Duplexing
- Trellis Code + Reed Solomon FEC Vectoring
- Transmission Rate > 900Mbps @ physical layer
- K.21 lightning protection
- Device Management - SSH, WebUI, CLI (Telnet)
- Diagnostic LEDs: Power and Broadband link status
FST1203 & FST1305 additional features
- LAN – One-port 100/1000 Ethernet, RJ-45
- Transmission Rate > 1000Mbps @ physical layer
- Wall mount or desktop placement
- Diagnostic LEDs for Power status, Ethernet link status and Broadband link status
FST1305 additional features
- ITU-T G.993.2 Annex Q VDSL2 profile 35b support
- ITU-T G.977.1 Management when in VDSL2 mode
Details for Gfast Device Portfolio
|Model||Gfast - Phone Line||Gfast - Coax||VDSL2 - Phone Line||PHY Rate||Form Factor||Power Consumption||Dimensions|
|FST1000||-||-||>900Mbps||SFP Module||2W||91mm x 18mm x 16mm|
|FST1002||-||-||>900Mbps||SFP Module||2W||106mm x 18mm x 16mm|
|FST1203||-||>1000Mbps||Desk or Wall mount||3.1W||102mm x 92mm x 30mm|
|FST1305||>1000Mbps||Desk or Wall mount||3.8W||125mm x 125mm x 30mm|
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.