KreaTV is a powerful software platform for set-top boxes that simplifies the development, deployment and support of advanced user experiences in public and managed networks. ARRIS offers several levels of integration between operator software, middleware and KreaTV – from turn-key solutions to full operator design, with the foundation in its ability to be customized and integrated with other products.
There is a wide choice of User Interfaces (UIs) / middleware available from partners that use KreaTV. KreaTV has been developed and matured over more than 15 years and has proven itself as a stable platform that simplifies application development and portability between hardware generations. KreaTV is continuously adapted to new System on a Chip (SoC) chipsets and supports multiple hardware models.
The range of set-tops designed for the KreaTV platform provides enhanced optimization of both memory and CPU usage. This assures that the combination of hardware and software delivers optimum performance.
Features of KreaTV
- Seamless media handling, including UltraHD & HDR
- WebKit HTML5 browser for main UI, apps and OTT services
- Pre-integrated YouTube and Netflix applications
- State of the art security
- Multi-application support
- Extensive DVR/PVR functionality
- Support for multiple boot mechanisms
- Efficient power management
- Thorough documentation with informative examples
- Extensive development toolkit
- Remote desktop/UI for seamless movement between desktop and target hardware during development
- Remote logging
- Remote customer service ability
Set-top product range features
- Stylish design from low-cost small 'dongle' type devices to fully featured devices with DVR disks and connectivity
- Models for HD (1060p60) or UltraHD/HDR (4k x 2k p60 10-bit color HEVC, 4k x 2k p60 10-bit color
- Optional 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity
- Options for network based DVR/PVR or field-upgradeable, USB-connected hard disk device for local DVR/PVR
- Supports for High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMITM) connectivity with High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP)
- Universal Remote Control friendly, support for IR and BLE (BluetoothTM Low Energy) options
- Support for multiple video codecs – including HEVC, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264). MPEG-2 and VC-1 for optimum deployment flexibility
- RoHS compliant
Details for Video Device Portfolio for ARRIS KreaTV®
|Model||Processor DMIPS||Memory||Disk for DVR||Resolution||Codecs||Wi-Fi||Remote||Size |
|N||HD 1080p60||HEVC, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), MPEG-2||2x2 802.11ac||BLE||80 x 80 x 13mm Ultra-compact|
|N||HD 1080p60||HEVC, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), MPEG-2||Optional 2x2 802.11ac||IR, BLE (optional)||Diameter 130mm, Height 26mm|
|N||UHD 2160p60||HEVC, MPEG-4, AVC. MPEG-2 (optional)||Optional 2x2 802.11ac||IR, BLE (optional)||Diameter 130mm, Height 26mm|
Low total cost of ownership
The combination of the well-designed modular architecture of KreaTV, its detailed documentation, flexible execution environment and reliable platform that is easy to integrate delivers a low total cost of ownership for KreaTV customers. The solution will keep performing over time, while benefitting from efficiencies and cost-savings across several generations of hardware and software upgrades.
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.