ARRIS’s M3 Video-on-Demand Solution enables Telco and Cable operators to deploy VOD services to subscribers with set-top boxes and Internet connected devices. The M3 Video-on-Demand solution is comprised of a highly-integrated and collaborative set of M3 Media Server Software products operating on industry standard enterprise server platforms performing content ingest, storage, distribution, delivery and management.
The M3 Media Server software products consists of M3 Library, M3 Streamer and M3 Cluster Manager operating on optimized industry standard enterprise platforms enabling a feature rich VOD solution with flexible scalability and rock-solid dependability.
ARRIS’s M3 VOD solution has been integrated with the leading VOD back office systems and supports multiple standards including ATIS, NGOD and ISA for flexible configurations in support of many VOD architectures.
Details for M3 Video On Demand Products
The M3 Media Servers uniquely bring the following benefits to video service providers looking to deliver advanced on-demand services.
- High-density performance with solid-state technology for streaming
- Leverages adaptive content management to optimize network, streaming and storage resources
- Simultaneous Ingest and Streaming in support of VOD and TSTV services
- Supports intelligent edge caching to enable virtually unlimited content libraries
- Seamlessly grow streaming capacity by adding servers to M3 clusters
- Broad range of platform options
- Adaptive Media Management intelligently positions content and assigns streams to optimize streaming, storage and network resources
- Aggregates the cache of a cluster of servers for VOD services
- Scales streaming and storage independently to lower CapEx
- Trick files can be generated on-the-fly to reduce storage requirements by up to 30%
- Designed for advanced services such as Time- Shifted TV and On Demand Advertising
- Integrates with leading cable back office and IPTV middleware solutions
- Ingest and streaming of fixed rate and multi-bit rate (MBR) content in support of legacy set-tops and advanced consumer electronics devices
- Support for CDN Assisted VOD architectures for a unified UDP and HTTP content delivery network
- Supports pre-, post- and mid-roll ad insertion (ranged playlists)
- Multi-speed trick modes with restrictions by playlist element
- M3 Clusters can ingest, cache and stream content from anywhere in the CDN network
- Fault-resistant, enterprise platforms
- Redundant content storage with automatic replication across servers and geographic redundancy across clusters
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.