The ME-7000 high performance converged compression platform is focused on the efficient delivery of high quality linear broadcast video for IPTV, cable, satellite and OTT applications. It provides multi-codec support of HEVC, MPEG-4 AVC and MPEG-2 encoding. Output formats may be UltraHD 4k, HD, SD or multi-bitrate (MBR) transcoding for ABR multi-screen IP video delivery.
Through the optimum combination of ASIC-based compression technologies coupled with ARRIS video pre-processing software enhancements it provides the best of hardware and software architectures, delivering high-density and high video quality in a future-proof, upgradable platform. The ME-7000 provides a flexible and easily upgradeable system with cost saving low power per channel to provide simultaneous multi-format outputs in any environment.
The ME-7000 offers:
- Dedicated programmable silicon designed for multi-codec compression
- A consistent, high density channel count within a 1RU platform, independent of input or output encoding formats
- Dual hot-swappable power supplies for ultimate flexibility of 24 x 7 operation
- Flexible configuration options simplify headend architectures, reduce chassis count, and increase reliability
- Embedded Element ManagerGUI for easy drag and drop configuration and management along with XML configuration over HTTPS
- Reduced capital and operational costs through reduced rack-space, less power and cooling requirements, compared with software based encoders
- Modular upgradeability to UHD, HEVC codec support as required
The ARRIS ME-7000 converged compression platform provides unmatched video compression efficiency for the highest quality video at all bit-rates. Dedicated encoding/transcoding hardware, using the latest compression silicon designs and software techniques, delivers incredible density, saving valuable rack-space and power. Designed for 24x7 operation, the ME-7000 is the best choice for service providers delivering multi-format video services to their subscribers.
Details for ME-7000 Converged Compression Platform
- Dimensions: 1 RU (1.75” High x 17.6” Wide x 26.5” Deep, 44.5mm H x 447mm W x 673mm D)
- Weight: 39lbs / 17.7 kg
- 110-240VAC, 400 watts fully loaded
- MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC, HEVC / 4K (Main10), HD, SD and HD to SD down conversion
- 1GB Ethernet and 10GB Ethernet Optical/copper, SDI, MPEG-2, MPEG-4
- 1GB Ethernet and 10GB Ethernet Optical/copper, Unicast or Multicast, Main plus Picture in Picture, and Multi-Bit Rate (MBR)
- Passthrough, encode, transcode and loudness leveling for Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, MPEG1-L2, HE-AAC and AAC-LC options
- SCTE 35 ad insertion splice points from SCTE104, EIA608/708 closed-captioning, SCTE27, Teletext, OP-47, and DVB subtitling
Grooming/Muxing and Ad Splicing
- Performs grooming, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 & HEVC Ad splicing and processing-intensive multiplexing
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.