The Modular Uplink System provides programmers a complete solution for the secure generation, transmission, and delivery of video services over satellite networks to their service provider customers.
This solution can also be used to securely deliver video over fiber networks, as well. The Modular Uplink System consists of the Broadcast Network Controller (BNC), TMX-2010 Transport Multiplexer, Satellite Smartstream Encryptor Modulator (SEM) V0, DigiCipher Event Manager (DEM), and various encoder and modulator products. These products provide encoding, multiplexing, encryption, conditional access, modulation, encoder redundancy, uplink redundancy, and overall system control and provide for a complete video uplink transmission ecosystem.
Supported encoding elements can provide either MPEG-2, MPEG-4, or HEVC encoding, of either HD or SD source formats, multiplexed in either CBR or stat-mux format.
- The TMX-2010 performs the multiplexing
- The Satellite SEM V0 provides encryption
- The DEM provides splice insertion and cue tone support
- The BNC provides all the uplink equipment configuration and monitoring, as well as the downlink commercial IRD configuration and conditional access authorization
Details for Modular Uplink System
- Solution consists of the BNC, TMX-2010, Satellite SEM, DEM and various encoders and modulators.
- Supports use with SE-1010/SE-2000 MPEG-2 encoders, SE-6000 MPEG-4/2 encoders, SE-7100 HEVC encoders.
- Supports use with Newtec DVB-S2/S2X modulators, Newtec Turbo8PSK modulators, as well as RE/FPM DCII QPSK modulators.
- Provides sophisticated program substitution features, including retune, blackout, and conditional program delivery.
- Supports complete range of ARRIS commercial IRDs, including legacy models
- Real-time encoder redundancy switchover and uplink redundancy switchover independent of presence of BNC controller.
- Stackable system elements, designed to fit within typical transmission and uplink control racks.
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.