Award-winning advanced content and revenue protection solutions
- ARRIS SECUREMEDIA® specializes in digital media security and revenue protection for operators worldwide
- Standards-based, open platform software protects digital media through production, distribution and consumption on the widest array of devices and platforms, enabling new OTT and TV Everywhere opportunities for content owners and operators
- Award-winning content protection technology recognized for a single, unified delivery system for secure linear broadcast, Video-On-Demand and offline playback that is optimized for media streaming or download
- Approved by all studios and network broadcasters, enabling access and distribution rights to the most compelling broadcast channels and VOD programming
- Supports and protects premium video playback of set-top boxes, home gateways, iOS devices, Android™ tablets and smartphones, connected TVs and Blu-Ray™ players, streaming media players and devices, game consoles and computers: PC and Mac®
ARRIS SECUREMEDIA® is the award-winning content security system for encrypted distribution of digital content over IP networks. The ARRIS SECUREMEDIA® team consists of a world-class consolidation of cryptography and security system experts, with a management team experienced in software, embedded systems, and cable/satellite television. Founded in 1996, ARRIS SECUREMEDIA® was the first to introduce software-based content security at a time when Pay TV services were exclusively protected by hardware-based smartcard systems. ARRIS SECUREMEDIA® was also the first technology provider to introduce software-based content security to the Hollywood Studios as a flexible and economical way to protect their valued film properties. Today, ARRIS SECUREMEDIA® solutions protect premium content from all of the Hollywood studios, major U.S. broadcast networks and leading international content owners with deployments supporting operators in IPTV, DVB & OTT systems. ARRIS SECUREMEDIA® multi-awarding winning technologies include The Encryptonite ONE™ System and ARRIS SECUREMEDIA® HLS+.
- Proven and deployed large system scalability, robustness & security
- Largest, comprehensive list of supported client devices
- Bandwidth efficient cryptographic client-server communications with greatly reduced network traffic for rights and key service
- Flexible content packaging in support of linear, Subscription Video-On-Demand (SVoD) / Transactional Video-On-Demand (TVoD) & Pay-Per-View (PPV) services
- Capability to provide secure offline playback of DRM protected assets
- Fast channel changing for IP or OTT linear service delivery
- Proven, well documented client SDKs for integration to new devices
- World class support team providing global assistance for operations & systems integration
A critical aspect of ARRIS SECUREMEDIA® technology is how a single instance can be deployed to provide content and revenue protection for a wide range of STB and OTT devices. The core of the ARRIS SECUREMEDIA® solution is referred to as The Encryptonite ONE™ System. The Encryptonite ONE™ System addresses traditional IP multicast transmission services destined for IP set top boxes (STB) and is extended to accommodate over-the-top (OTT) adaptive bit rate (ABR) and sync and go deployment models with extensions referred to as ARRIS SECUREMEDIA® HLS+. For more information, please see related products.