The Content Delivery Controller (CDC) is an Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR), Just in Time Packager able to ingest content in any number of different ABR formats, and repackage content for the vast array of devices, protocols, networks and screen sizes prevalent in today’s rapidly expanding multiscreen world. CDC not only transforms the content, it takes control over it, enabling TV operators all of the key capabilities for multiscreen, channel-level management using ABR content repackaging, DRM translation and zone-level manifest customization.
CDC has been designed to provide an intelligent, enablement layer for any Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) multi-screen network delivering commercial Pay TV services. Offering flexible support for a variety of deployment options, CDC provides a range of services to manipulate, control and optimize the ABR video formats as the flow through the IP video delivery system for transmission to the end device, as well as collecting and reporting a wide range of associated operational information.
Details for Spectrum Content Delivery Controller (CDC)
The core features provided by the CDC includes:
- Video transport packaging, simultaneously into multiple ABR formats
- Dynamic repackaging or “transmuxing”
- Channel- level content management support
- ABR Manifest manipulation management
- Content conditioning for Dynamic Ad Insertion, Alternate Content / Blackouts
- Encryption / key server integration
- Statistics gathering and reporting
- Stream resiliency, clustering and cluster management
- Proven integration as part of ARRIS’s Network DVR and IP Video solutions
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.