The VIP5662 is a stylish IP set-top which delivers stunning ultra-high-definition (UHD) video with High Dynamic Range (HDR) using the HDR10 / SMPT2084 profile for an ‘as if looking through the window’ experience. The set-top is optimized for the Ericsson MediaRoom or MediaFirst customer experiences, delivering all the features these software platforms offer.
It supports HEVC decoding for optimal use of network bandwidth. A slot-in disk module supports DVR/PVR and time-shift services.
- VIP5662W – includes 802.11ac 4x4 5GHz Wi-Fi, for IP connectivity without cables
Details for VIP5662 UHD Mediaroom® DVR
- UltraHD, 4k x 2k p60 10-bit color client set-top
- High Dynamic Range (HDR), SMPTE2084
- Supports both Ericsson Mediaroom on Linux and MediaFirst • 802.11ac 5GHz 4x4 Wi-Fi for high quality IPTV application
- Upgradable 1TB hard disk drive (HDD) for Multi-room DVR (watch and record) functionality
- Interactive IP set-top supports Electronic Program Guides (EPG) and Video On Demand (VOD), and Multi-room DVR as well as many web/IP-delivered applications using rich advanced graphics
- Supports High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI™) 2.0a connectivity with High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP)
- Universal Remote Control friendly, supports IR and BLE options
- Supports multiple video codecs – including HEVC, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264). MPEG-2 and VC-1 for optimum deployment flexibility
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.