CERT 405 - ARRIS Certification Exam: DOCSIS Principles
The ARRIS Certification Exam: DOCSIS Principles is a revived program offered by ARRIS, a leader in DOCSIS technology, through its Global Knowledge Services group. Certification offers cable professionals the opportunity to earn an ARRIS-approved Certification and demonstrate their expertise on the newest DOCSIS releases, 3.0 and 3.1.
For Cable Professionals:
- ARRIS certification allows cable professionals to distinguish themselves from their peers by proving they have a deeper understanding of the principles and application of the DOCSIS standard.
- Certification also recognizes an individual as someone who can maximize the utility of a cable operator's investments.
- Certification can also aid individuals in obtaining prominent roles within their organization.
For Cable Operators:
- Equipped with an ARRIS DOCSIS Principles Certification, professionals can ensure efficient and optimized operation of a cable operator's network leading to lower operational costs.
- Certification enhances the power and speed of their network by reducing the amount of time taken to resolve technical issues.
To receive certification an individual must complete the ARRIS DOCSIS Principles exam successfully. Certification candidates are not required to pass any prior exams to be eligible for the ARRIS DOCSIS Principles Certification. Candidates are also not required to take or pass any prior ARRIS courses, but it is highly encouraged.
Convenient Online Proctoring
For candidate convenience, ARRIS has partnered with the online proctoring service ProctorU. ProctorU offers candidates the opportunity to schedule exam times and take exams from any comfortable location with a reliable internet connection.
At the scheduled time on exam day, ProctorU will confirm your identity, grant access to the exam on ARRIS Academy, and monitor you via the camera on your PC while taking the exam.
Please note that there is a $25 test taking fee, charged by ProctorU.
Experienced cable professionals secure in their DOCSIS knowledge can register to take the exam through ARRIS Academy, and then work with the proctoring service to schedule their exam.
For candidates seeking to bolster their knowledge prior to the exam, ARRIS Global Knowledge Services offers several courses covering DOCSIS and the new features provided with releases 3.0 and 3.1.
- TEC 202: DOCSIS Basics
- TEC301: DOCSIS Essentials
- TEC 302: Understanding DOCSIS 3.1
ARRIS Global Knowledge Services has made the ARRIS DOCSIS Principles Certification affordable for cable professionals. For individuals choosing to take only the exam, the enrollment fee is $200.00 which allows you to take the exam twice.
For individuals seeking training to prepare for exams, total cost varies based on the training courses chosen. Refer to the ARRIS Global Knowledge Services Training course catalog to obtain enrollment fees and more information for DOCSIS training courses.
All course, exam, and proctoring fees can be paid online via a major credit card.
- Complete ARRIS Academy New User Registration.
- Request ARRIS Academy Access.
- Log on to ARRIS Academy.
- Search for "Certification" or browse to Catalog > Certifications > CERT 405: ARRIS Certification Exam - DOCSIS Principles.