By Bruce McClelland, ARRIS CEO
ARRIS has always believed in the power of strategic acquisition as a catalyst to organic growth. For more than 20 years, we've grown and led our industries by finding best-in-class companies with outstanding people and integrating them in a way that ensures they continue to thrive. We're doing it right now with Ruckus Networks.
So, it was easy to see the value of combining our businesses with CommScope. In fact, this choice shines in three key areas that we've used to assess potential acquisitions:
- ARRIS and CommScope envision the same, bright future. We both believe that shaping the next era of connected communications is an unprecedented global opportunity. We've started at different places, but we both see the same, enormous potential. And, we each realize that to achieve our vision, we need a broader set of products and services that can help all of our customers achieve their goals.
- ARRIS and CommScope have complementary products and services. CommScope is already a leader in communications networking, an area ARRIS has been rapidly developing. Our networking businesses - on both the ARRIS and Ruckus sides - add important new options to CommScope's current portfolio. And the rest of ARRIS establishes a key cornerstone of the connected future.
- ARRIS and CommScope share a deep commitment to technology excellence. This is a terrific match of cultures. And that's important because winning these new opportunities will require rich and rapid innovation.
These are some of the criteria that led us to our most successful acquisitions.
And now they've led CommScope to us.
This kind of strategic opportunity is rare in business. And this combination creates an industry leader by any measure:
- An unparalleled customer base. With customers — across commercial, government and other organizations — in more than 150 countries and 10,000 channel partners.
- An unmatched product and service portfolio. Generating revenues of more than $11 billion, our combined portfolio spans wired and wireless networks; gigabit broadband access for consumer and business; breakthrough LTE and 5G small-cell technology; private network technology for industrial, enterprise and public venues; and cutting-edge connected and smart homes.
- A technology powerhouse. With 15,000 patents and an average of approximately $800 million in annual R&D investment.
I'm excited to see what ARRIS and CommScope will achieve together. And, I look forward to sharing updates on this news in the weeks and months to come.
Authored by :Bruce McClelland