SCTE-ISBE Cable Tec Expo
SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo®—the industry’s engineering show of the year—hosts thousands of attendees who discover and learn first-hand the latest in cable technology, products and services in one cost-effective setting. Cable-Tec Expo® is renowned as the pre-eminent venue that combines the thought leadership, engineering innovation, and deal-making that power the technological future of broadband telecommunications.
- September 30th – October 3rd
- Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
- New Orleans, LA
- Booth #961
Path to 10G
As broadband networks continue to evolve to support the ever-increasing demand for bandwidth. Network operators are faced with many challenges to evolve their broadband networks. The Access Network Evolution Framework provides multiple broadband architectures to deploy and manage their broadband access networks.
Network Intelligence and Automation
Digital transformation to software applications/services are assuming the roles of traditional hardware. Virtualization, cloud and containerization technologies are allowing for these services to migrate from a proprietary platform to a public and/or private Cloud using commodity hardware. These technologies are further fostering advancements in Orchestration and Automation approaches.
Ultra Connected Home
Multigigabit broadband modems & gateways with next gen Wi-Fi 6 connectivity.
Delivering Wi-Fi performance & coverage in the home while reducing support costs using auto-configuring network extenders, self-optimizing networks, consumer app and Cloud analytics.
With 5G implementation on the horizon, small cells using smart poles will be needed. 90% of the equipment loaded on or in these poles will be communication related. With cable and fiber portfolios, as well as antennas and wireless networks, CommScope is well positioned to help with smart city development and smart pole infrastructure.
Pre-Conference Session: SCTE•ISBE Mission 10G: Implementing Forward-Looking Capabilities in Your Network.
(Separate Registration Required)
Continental Breakfast 7:00 am, Session Runs 7:45 am - 11:30 am
10G is the broadband technology platform that ramps up from 1 Gbps that is widely available today to 10 Gbps. 10G provides faster symmetrical speeds, lower latencies, enhanced reliability, higher compute capabilities, and better security in a scalable manner.
This session will provide the answers to:
- What are the 10G technical details? Will it work on existing HFC plant?
- What types of services will benefit from 10G?
- How will 10G compete with and augment wireless 5G?
- How do you transform today’s network into a 10G network?
Panelists: Tom Cloonan, CommScope CTO, Network Solutions and Charles Cheevers, CommScope CTO, CPE.
Report from the Front Lines: The Real Real About Virtualization
Innovation Theater @ SCTE (ISBE Cable-Tec Expo)
Tuesday, October 1 @ 3:45-4:15pm local time
Moderator: Leslie Ellis, founder at Ellis Edits Inc. and Translation-Please.com
Participants: Tom Cloonan, CommScope CTO, Network Solutions and Chris Busch, CommScope Engineering Fellow in the Office of the CTO
In this edition of Innovation Theater, cable pioneer Leslie Ellis pries the truth about virtualization out of Tom Cloonan and Chris Busch from CommScope’s Office of the CTO. At this session, you’ll learn:
- How the Internet of Everything is infiltrating the home — and prompting prominent service providers to choose a “Cloud + Edge” strategy.
- Why service providers are not going all-in on virtualization. (Spoiler alert: A single virtualization approach doesn't fit all. Especially for headends.)
- Winning strategies from the front lines: Who’s doing what and how fast.
- The stakes have never been higher: What keeps you up at night.
Lessons from Leaders: The Best Network Evolution Strategies to 10G
SCTE International Breakfast
Modernizing the cable plant is now a global phenomenon. Come hear from the operators who’ve been on the front lines of the future for the past 5 years. Get the information you need to build your battle plan for the next 10.
- From Europe (LGI) to Australia (nbn), the smartest approaches to remaking your network.
- The 6 market trends you can’t ignore… especially how concerns over privacy, addiction and inequality are creating Conflicted Consumption; and where regulators are under pressure.
- Speed will continue to be important, but latency may become the key performance metric in your network going forward.
- Where 10G is the gateway drug to Gigabit Smart Cities… and how operators are making themselves indispensable.
Moderator: Steve McCaffrey, CommScope Senior Vice President, International Service Provider Sales.
Panelists: Liberty Global – Bill Warga, VP of Technology. NBN Co – Andrew Baxter, General Manager, HFC Engineering, Network Engineering. ANGA – Carsten Engelke, Director Technology. SCTE – Chris Bastian, CTO.