CH3000 Optical EDFA Amplifiers
Compact 1550 nm Optical Amplifiers
The ARRIS FA3500 series is a family of high output, extremely compact 1550 nm optical amplifiers (EDFAs) in single-width modules with output powers ranging from 14 to 21 dBm. Dual amplifier versions, which provide two optically independent amplifiers in a single-width module, are also available. Their compact design dramatically reduces rack space requirements in the headend and hubs.
ARRIS also offers two models of high performance, multiport optical amplifiers: FA3530M and FA3533M. The high power output of these amplifiers is ideally suited for video distribution in RFoG and RFPON network architectures. In RFoG applications, the 8-port FA3530M EDFA at the headend amplifies and distributes the 1550 nm broadcast video signal to over 250 residential customers, over 8 typical RFoG network segments, each with 32 connected endpoint devices. Comparably, the 16-port FA3533M amplifies and distributes the 1550 nm broadcast signal to over 500 customers over 16 typical RFoG network segments, each with 32 connected endpoint devices.
Note: specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dense chassis packaging
- 14 Single density EDFAs, up to 21 dBm optical output, in 3RU chassis
- 14 Dual density, 28 EDFAs, up to 17 dBm optical output, in 3RU chassis
- Shared features
- 4.5 dB NF typical
- User programmable constant gain or constant power operation
- Single amplifier models
- FA3514S, FA3517S/F, FA3519F, FA3520S, and FA3521S
- Dual-amplifier models
- FA3514D and FA3517D/G
- Gain flattened models
- FA3517F/G, FA3519F, and FA3521F, H, and J
- High Power models
- FA3533M: 16x21 dBm outputs
- FA3530M: 8x21 dBm outputs