Regal® Tap Series
1.2 GHz Full-Feature Equalizable Taps
The ARRIS Regal® RMT2120 1.2 GHz series equalizable taps offer improved return path performance for advanced two-way HFC systems while maintaining backward compatibility with the previous Regal installed base. In addition to mechanical backwards compatibility to existing Regal tap housings, we now offer faceplate only options for plant upgrades. The faceplate only option allows the technician to easily upgrade an existing location with a simple faceplate change. This solution provides significant product cost savings, as well as reduced shipment cost, by eliminating unneeded extra housings being built and shipped.
Additional improvements over the existing family of Regal 1 GHz taps include the ability for drop signal conditioning with optional plug-in, field configurable modules that include cable equalizers, return path attenuators, and cable simulators. These plug-ins allow for drop signal conditioning without affecting the main feederline path. The Regal 1.2 GHz taps also come equipped with an auto-seize F-connector which improves system reliability by providing increased drop center conductor clamping force and a greater surface/contact area over standard F-connectors.
Note: specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Support DOCSIS® 3.1 expanded bandwidth up to 1218 MHz
- Improve network performance with signal conditioning plug-ins
- High quality RF connection with auto-seize F-connectors
- Maintain existing Regal installed base with compatible faceplate upgrades
- Faceplate only options for cost effective upgrades to existing Regal deployments
- High level of network resilience with 6kV surge resistance on feederline and F-ports
- Maintain feederline RF and AC connections with faceplate removed with integrated bypass capability