APEX1000 All-Purpose Edge QAM
1 RU chassis that supports up to 48 QAM channels
The APEX1000, our next-generation all-purpose edge QAM, provides flexibility, high-availability, high-QAM density, MediaCipher® encryption, and low power in an extremely cost-effective 1 RU platform.
Up to three removable and hot-swappable QAM modules can be installed in the chassis. Each module provides two RF ports; each port supports up to eight QAM channels. All of the 48 available QAM channels can be used for video on demand (VOD), switched digital video (SDV), broadcast services or DOCSIS high-speed data (through support for the M-CMTS architecture).
Note: specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Features a 1 RU chassis that supports up to 48 DRFI-compliant QAM channels and three removable and hot-swappable QAM modules per chassis (two block upconverted RF ports per QAM module)
- Offers QAM modules available in 2x4 configuration (up to four QAM channels per port), 2x8 configuration (up to eight QAM channels per port) and a QAM module software upgrade to field-convert a 2x4 module to a 2x8 module
- Delivers extremely low power consumption
- Provides four GigE interfaces (SFP slots) with support for IGMPv3 and transport stream redundancy
- Supports up to two, dual hot-swappable, redundant load-sharing power supplies (system can operate with either one or two); supports two AC, two DC or one AC and one DC
TECHNICAL TRAINING - browse available APEX1000 Training in the ARRIS Training Catalog.