Benu vMEG Software
Virtualized Mobile Edge Gateway for Wi-Fi mobility
The Benu Networks Virtual MEG (vMEG) Software Platform is a versatile network gateway for fixed and mobile broadband service providers deploying next generation IP services to the edge and core of their networks. The vMEG product is identical to the xMEG in function, but runs on COTS hardware in either OpenStack or VMWare on common industry hypervisors.
Best of Breed Solutions
ARRIS has selected best-of-class vendors, like Benu Networks, and pre-integrated their products with our own control systems to provide a best-of-breed service-provider class Wi-Fi solution. We leverage each partner's competence and we complement that with ARRIS's extensive integration and deployment experience and expertise. ARRIS has designed & installed thousands of businesses, community Wi-Fi, and venue hotspots for major Service Providers around the world.
Note: specifications are subject to change without notice.
The vMEG is designed to support the following applications:
- Wi-Fi Access Gateway (WAG): Homespot, Hotspot 2.0,and Roaming
- Trusted Wi-Fi Access Gateway (TWAG): Mobile Data Offload and 3GPP Interworking
- Virtual CPE (vCPE): Residential, SoHo/SMB, Multi-Dwelling Unit, Campus
- Dual-Stack Lite (DS-Lite) Address Family Transition Router (AFTR)
- B2B Static IP and IP VPN Router
- Provider Edge Router (6PE/PE)
- Carrier-Grade NAT (CGN)