Benu xMEG Appliances
Mobile Edge Gateways using COTS servers
The Benu Networks xMEG Platform is a versatile network gateway appliance utilized for fixed and mobile broadband service providers deploying next generation IP services to the edge and core of their networks. The xMEG provides a highly scalable solution for virtualized IP service and network applications. The platform is based on high end computing hardware and can scale to small distributed applications with the xMEG-10, or to larger centralized applications with the xMEG-100. These platforms offer customers an alternative to a fully virtualized deployment for the most demanding networking and IP service applications.
Best of Breed Solutions
ARRIS has selected best-of-class vendors, like Benu Networks, and pre-integrated their products with our own control systems to provide a best-of-breed service-provider class Wi-Fi solution. We leverage each partner's competence and we complement that with ARRIS's extensive integration and deployment experience and expertise. ARRIS has designed & installed thousands of businesses, community Wi-Fi, and venue hotspots for major Service Providers around the world.
- AC and DC powered versions
Note: specifications are subject to change without notice.
The xMEG 10/100 is designed to support the following applications:
- Wi-Fi Access Gateway (WAG): Homespot, Hotspot 2.0,and Roaming
- Trusted Wi-Fi Access Gateway (TWAG): Mobile Data Offload and 3GPP Interworking
- Virtual CPE (vCPE): Residential, SoHo/SMB, Multi-Dwelling Unit, Campus
- Dual-Stack Lite (DS-Lite) Address Family Transition Router (AFTR)
- B2B Static IP and IP VPN Router
- Provider Edge Router (6PE/PE)
- Carrier-Grade NAT (CGN)