DCX525E Compact Cable Set-Top
ATSC, AVC, HD Set-Top
ARRIS expands its CALA and Canada offerings with next-generation hardware that meets customers demand for high-definition programming. The price-competitive DCX525e provides high-definition video along with digital sound, on-demand and interactive services for the home environment.
The DCX525e provides the latest HDMI output, award-winning Dolby Digital Plus® audio and Dolby Volume Leveling, all in compact, energy saving, sleek design measuring just 5.5 in W x 3.6 in D x 1.4 in H.
The ARRIS DCX525e allows operators to efficiently utilize limited bandwidth to deliver HD programming. Capable of decoding MPEG-4 video streams, the DCX525e requires significantly less bandwidth than MPEG-2 to deliver comparable quality video services. With the DCX525e, service providers can maximize their available bandwidth using switched digital video (SDV) to deliver programming only to nodes when subscribers actively request a particular program.
The ARRIS DCX525e is twice as fast as earlier models in its class, contains five times more memory and features embedded security. In addition, the software-programmable DCX525e has the future capability to be converted to an IP set-top.
- Offers high-definition (HDTV) decode of MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264)
- Delivers Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Digital Plus, AAC-LC/HE-AAC, WMA9, MP3
- Provides embedded MediaCipher™ Conditional Access
- Features single 1GHz digital video tuner (QAM 64/256)
- Includes larger memory footprint to support growing applications.