GPE2001 G.hn Powerline to Ethernet Extender
The GPE2001 Extender delivers gigabit data to any location in the home, or small business, where there is an electrical socket. The network interconnection is via Powerline Communications (PLC) using the G.hn standard as specified by the HomeGrid™ Forum. These single-port Ethernet bridges have a Gigabit Ethernet port to connect your PC, set-top, gaming device or other Ethernet connected device. Up to 16 extenders may be used on a single home network.
Each G.hn Bridge mounts in any AC power outlet in the home and includes a filtered AC power socket to provide clean power to an extra device, so the device does not reduce the number of sockets available to the consumer. The pass-through outlet should not be used for extension cords or powerstrips.
Each G.hn Bridge includes a TR-069 client for link metric monitoring as well as diagnostics and configuration by a remote Access Control Server.
- Deliver gigabit broadband data services around the home using in-home electrical circuits (Powerline Communications – PLC) to an Ethernet connected device
- Second generation G.hn Wave 2 chipset. Up-to 1.2Gbps PHY rates over the powerline connection delivers the full 1Gbps through the Ethernet port up to the rate delivered via the PLC
- Typical application throughput of 350-500Mbps
- Lower latency than a typical wireless connection, ideal for gaming
- Filtered pass-through electrical socket, preserving the number of outlets and protecting connected device from line noise
- Remote monitoring and management via TR-069
- Available with USA electrical plugs (other countries could be supported subject to further development)
- HomeGrid™ Forum Certified