The GPW2200 Extender delivers Wi-Fi to any location in the home, or small business, where there is an electrical socket. The network interconnection is via Powerline Communications (PLC) using the G.hn standard as specified by the HomeGrid™ Forum. Also, these Ethernet bridges have a Gigabit Ethernet port to connect your PC, gaming device or other Ethernet connected device. Up to 16 extenders may be used on a single home network. The unit mounts in any AC power outlet in the home.
Each extender acts as a Wi-Fi access point operating in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi bands concurrently. Interconnected to the gateway over powerline avoids the delays and potential capacity limitations associated with Wi-Fi repeaters.
The GPW2200 is ARRIS HomeAssure™ enabled, supporting the HNE (Home Network Extender) protocol for automated configuration, simplifying consumer self-install when used with an ARRIS HomeAssure™ enabled gateway. When part of a HomeAssure™ solution it can participate in automated Wi-Fi network optimization using functions such as band steering, access point steering etc.
The extender includes a TR-069 client for link metric monitoring as well as diagnostics and configuration by a remote Access Control Server.
- Deliver Wi-Fi to every corner of the home, fill-in gateway dead-spots
- Dual-band 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi access point, operation in 2.4Ghz and 5.2Ghz concurrently
- Interconnection around the home using the in-home electrical circuits (Powerline Communications – PLC)
- Second generation G.hn Wave 2 chipset up-to 1.2Gbps PHY rates over the powerline connection delivers the full 1Gbps through the single Ethernet port up to the rate delivered via the PLC
- Lower latency than a typical wireless interconnect, ideal for gaming
- ARRIS HomeAssure™ enabled. Simple, automated configuration using HNE (Home Network Extender) protocol for customer self-install. Will interwork with HNC (Home Network Controller) enabled gateways for automated network optimization
- Remote monitoring and management via TR-069
- Available with USA electrical plugs (other countries could be supported subject to further development)
- HomeGrid™ Forum Certified