ICX IP Switches for DAA
Ethernet switches for Remote PHY CIN
With the evolution to Digital Fiber within a Distributed Access Architecture, an optical IP switching infrastructure is required to connect the the core video, data and management systems with remote node devices.
In a Remote PHY solution a Converged Interconnect Network (CIN) connects R-PHY Devices (RPDs) to the CCAP Core containing the MAC processing, such as the ARRIS E6000. It also interconnects the CCAP Core to the Video Core and management systems.
The ICX® family of switches provide robust, high performance optical ethernet switching, with the flexibility to evolve from simple single-layer networks suitable for small/medium sized deployments to highly scalable leaf-spine architectures. CIN design requires a non-blocking and scalable architecture with predictable and low latency. Modern data-center designs using spine and leaf architecture are well-suited to meet these requirements.
Benefits of a Leaf-Spine switching fabric include:
- Highly scalable
- Simple capacity upgrades: RPD port upgrade - add Leaves, Backbone upgrade - add Spines
- All devices are the same number of hops away = predictable and consistent latency
A single layer network, while having scaling limitations, has the benefits of:
- Simple architecture
- Low rack space
- Potentially lower cost
- Switches can be reused as Leaves when migrating to a 2-Tier architecture
- Standards based
- Low-latency non-blocking architecture
- Rich set of Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols
- SDN capable with support for OpenFlow®
- Dual hot swappable power supplies and fans
- Wide range of optics supported
The ICX7850, ICX7750 and ICX7650 family of switches is ideal for CIN spine-leaf deployments. They support a combination of 10GE, 40GE and 100GE ports and a robust set of L2/L3 features.
The ICX family offers Industry-leading Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) due to:
- Simplified network set-up & management
- Low power consumption
- Lifetime warranty, including power supplies & fans
Note: specifications are subject to change without notice.
|Switching Capacity||1.128 Tbps||2.56 Tbps||6.4 Tbps|
|10 GbE SFP+ ports (max)||28||961||1281|
|40 GbE QSFP+ ports (max)||4||32||32|
|100 GbE QSFP28 ports (max)||2||-||32|
|Documents||Data Sheet||Data Sheet||Data Sheet|
1 with QSFP+ splitter cables
2 future release
Using ICX as part of a fully integrated, tested and supported DAA solution from ARRIS, reduces time to market and risk. Ongoing support is simplified. Service Providers can be confident that their network can scale as business demands grow.