Video Device Portfolio for ARRIS KreaTV®
Telco, cable and OTT set-tops for the ARRIS KreaTV software platform
KreaTV is a powerful software platform for set-top boxes that simplifies the development, deployment and support of advanced user experiences in public and managed networks. ARRIS offers several levels of integration between operator software, middleware and KreaTV – from turn-key solutions to full operator design, with the foundation in its ability to be customized and integrated with other products.
There is a wide choice of User Interfaces (UIs) / middleware available from partners that use KreaTV. KreaTV has been developed and matured over more than 15 years and has proven itself as a stable platform that simplifies application development and portability between hardware generations. KreaTV is continuously adapted to new System on a Chip (SoC) chipsets and supports multiple hardware models.
The range of set-tops designed for the KreaTV platform provides enhanced optimization of both memory and CPU usage. This assures that the combination of hardware and software delivers optimum performance.
Features of KreaTV
- Seamless media handling, including UltraHD & HDR
- WebKit HTML5 browser for main UI, apps and OTT services
- Pre-integrated YouTube and Netflix applications
- State of the art security
- Multi-application support
- Extensive DVR/PVR functionality
- Support for multiple boot mechanisms
- Efficient power management
- Thorough documentation with informative examples
- Extensive development toolkit
- Remote desktop/UI for seamless movement between desktop and target hardware during development
- Remote logging
- Remote customer service ability
Set-top product range features
- Stylish design from low-cost small 'dongle' type devices to fully featured devices with DVR disks and connectivity
- Models for HD (1060p60) or UltraHD/HDR (4k x 2k p60 10-bit color HEVC, 4k x 2k p60 10-bit color
- Optional 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity
- Options for network based DVR/PVR or through the ARRIS DVR One stackable USB-connected device for local DVR/PVR
- Supports for High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI™) connectivity with High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP)
- Universal Remote Control friendly, support for IR and BLE (Bluetooth™ Low Energy) options
- Support for multiple video codecs – including HEVC, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264). MPEG-2 and VC-1 for optimum deployment flexibility
- RoHS compliant
Note: specifications are subject to change without notice.
|Model||Processor DMIPS||Memory||Resolution||Codecs||Wi-Fi||Remote||Size |
|HD 1080p60||HEVC, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), MPEG-2||-||IR||Diameter 130mm, Height 26mm|
|HD 1080p60||HEVC, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), MPEG-2||Optional 2x2 802.11ac||IR, BLE (optional)||Diameter 130mm, Height 26mm|
|UHD 2160p60||HEVC, MPEG-4, AVC. MPEG-2 (optional)||Optional 2x2 802.11ac||IR, BLE (optional)||Diameter 130mm, Height 26mm|
Low total cost of ownership
The combination of the well-designed modular architecture of KreaTV, its detailed documentation, flexible execution environment and reliable platform that is easy to integrate delivers a low total cost of ownership for KreaTV customers. The solution will keep performing over time, while benefitting from efficiencies and cost-savings across several generations of hardware and software upgrades.