Video Devices for ARRIS KreaTV®
Telco, cable and OTT set-tops for the ARRIS KreaTV software platform
KreaTV is a powerful software platform for set-tops that simplifies the development, deployment and support of advanced user experiences in public and managed networks. ARRIS offers several levels of integration between operator software, middleware and KreaTV – from turn-key solutions to full operator design, with the foundation in its ability to be customized and integrated with other products.
There is a wide choice of User Interfaces (UIs) / middleware available from partners that use KreaTV. KreaTV has been developed and matured over more than 15 years and has proven itself as a stable platform that simplifies application development and portability between hardware generations. KreaTV is continuously adapted to new System on a Chip (SoC) chipsets and supports multiple hardware models.
The range of set-tops designed for the KreaTV platform provides enhanced optimization of both memory and CPU usage. This assures that the combination of hardware and software delivers optimum performance.
Features of KreaTV
- Seamless media handling, including Ultra HD & HDR
- HTML5 UI & Application framework
- Pre-integrated YouTube, Netflix and BBC iPlayer applications (customer specific projects apply)
- HbbTV support
- State of the art security
- Multi-application support
- Extensive DVR/PVR functionality
- DVB support
- Support for multiple boot mechanisms
- Efficient power management
- Extensive development toolkit and documentation
- Remote desktop/UI, logging and customer service ability
- Ready to go professional training
Set-top product range features
- Stylish design from low-cost small 'dongle' type devices to fully featured devices with DVR disks and connectivity
- Models for HD (1060p60) or UltraHD/HDR (4k x 2k p60 10-bit color HEVC, 4k x 2k p60 10-bit color
- Optional 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity
- Models available with internal disks for DVR/PVR, or disk-less set-tops for network based DVR/PVR. The VIP4205, VIP4302 and VIP5305 support the matching ARRIS DVR One stackable USB connected disk unit
- Supports for High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI™) connectivity with High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP)
- Universal Remote Control friendly, support for IR and BLE (Bluetooth™ Low Energy) options
- Support for multiple video codecs – including HEVC, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264). MPEG-2 and VC-1 for optimum deployment flexibility
- RoHS compliant
Low total cost of ownership
KreaTV offers ease of integration and low Total Cost of Ownership due to the combination of a well-designed modular architecture, its detailed documentation, flexible execution environment and proven reliability. The solution will keep performing over time, benefiting from efficiencies and cost-savings from new generations of hardware and software upgrades.