Modular Uplink System
Secure primary distribution of video services over satellite
The Modular Uplink System provides programmers a complete solution for the secure generation, transmission, and delivery of video services over satellite networks to their service provider customers.
This solution can also be used to securely deliver video over fiber networks, as well. The Modular Uplink System consists of the Broadcast Network Controller (BNC), TMX-2010 Transport Multiplexer, Satellite Smartstream Encryptor Modulator (SEM) V0, DigiCipher Event Manager (DEM), and various encoder and modulator products. These products provide encoding, multiplexing, encryption, conditional access, modulation, encoder redundancy, uplink redundancy, and overall system control and provide for a complete video uplink transmission ecosystem.
Supported encoding elements can provide either MPEG-2, MPEG-4, or HEVC encoding, of either HD or SD source formats, multiplexed in either CBR or stat-mux format.
- The TMX-2010 performs the multiplexing
- The Satellite SEM V0 provides encryption
- The DEM provides splice insertion and cue tone support
- The BNC provides all the uplink equipment configuration and monitoring, as well as the downlink commercial IRD configuration and conditional access authorization
- Solution consists of the BNC, TMX-2010, Satellite SEM, DEM and various encoders and modulators.
- Supports use with SE-1010/SE-2000 MPEG-2 encoders, SE-6000 MPEG-4/2 encoders, SE-7100 HEVC encoders.
- Supports use with Newtec DVB-S2/S2X modulators, Newtec Turbo8PSK modulators, as well as RE/FPM DCII QPSK modulators.
- Provides sophisticated program substitution features, including retune, blackout, and conditional program delivery.
- Supports complete range of ARRIS commercial IRDs, including legacy models
- Real-time encoder redundancy switchover and uplink redundancy switchover independent of presence of BNC controller.
- Stackable system elements, designed to fit within typical transmission and uplink control racks.
TECHNICAL TRAINING - browse Modular Uplink System Training in the ARRIS Training Catalog.