MS6505 UHD Satellite Media Server
DVB-S2X, HEVC, Ultra-HD Media Server with 802.11ac Wi-Fi
The MS6505 is a high-end, premium Ultra-High Definition (UHD) home media server for market-leading operators and deployments. Top-of-the-range technology is throughout this product providing a platform for the premium customer. A powerful processor and memory allow all the leading software solutions to be deployed with ease and gives the ultimate environment for customisation. UHD and HEVC/VP9 supports the next generation of high definition content on the most stunning of today’s displays.
The MS6505 supports all the customer’s next-generation TV media needs including content serving, tuner sharing, OTT and IP content and applications and transcoding to support CE devices. A high-end, 12000-DMIPS processor, OpenGL 3.1 and DDR4 memory give the platform power into the future and a modular frontend allows complex hybrid connections or even mid-term upgrade flexibility.
High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC or H.265) is the next-generation of video codec, offering up to 50% bandwidth savings on the H.264 standard. HEVC can be used by operators to deliver a superior quality-of-experience within the same bandwidth or to increase their existing capacity by re-encoding existing assets.
UHD (or 4K) gives four times the resolution of full HD and improves colour reproduction for picture even closer to reality, all at the frame rates that allow fast-moving action with reduced blurring.
The MS6505 is a highly-connected unit with integrated IEEE 802.11ac dual-band wireless and gigabit Ethernet. USB 3.0 allows the connection of external peripherals and Bluetooth Low Energy allows an optional advanced remote control unit and features such as voice search to be supported.
- Ultra-high definition HEVC set-top box solution
- Integrated dual DVB-S/S2 wide-band, full-band tuner with eight demodulators
- SatCR, Unicable and DiSEqC support
- IEEE 802.11ac dual-band (selectable) Wi-Fi
- HDMI 2.0™
- Full range of video resolutions and digital output options
- 3D graphics support (OpenGL ES 3.1, 2.0 and 1.1)
- Power down mode and compliant with EU power consumption regulations
- Integrated with industry-standard middlewares including Cisco and OpenTV
- Secure bootloader
- Industry standard DRM support (including Microsoft® PlayReady®)
- Product Options
- 16 demodulators
- DVB-S2X support
- Up to 4x4 and dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi
- High end MIMO
- Rackable and removable hard disk
- Terrestrial hybrid option available