Video Devices for RDK
Set-tops and Smart Media Devices for the RDK-V software platform
RDK-V (Reference Design Kit for video) is an open-source / community-sourced software platform for set-tops and Smart Media Devices.
Originally developed for Comcast, it is now managed by RDK Management LLC with an extensive developer community. It is used by OEMs and Operators to create rich consumer experiences for PayTV applications.
To simplify and accelerate the deployment of RDK based video services, ARRIS provides complete solutions, integrating the set-top hardware with RDK and additional software components, together with a customized user interface (UI), all supported with a full suite of professional services.
ARRIS integrates all the necessary components to create a complete deployable solution, such as those providing support for:
- App store from Metrological
- IP, OTT, ATSC and DVB (DVB-C, DVB-T2, DVB-S2)
- Multicast video for IPTV
- DVR / PVR / Time-shift TV
- Conditional Access and DRM security systems
- Voice control
- Multichannel audio
- Parental controls
- Easy migration between software platforms and secure software downloads
- Remote management and monitoring
- Bluetooth Low energy (BLE) remote control with voice search