VIP5402W UHD IP Set-Top
IP, HEVC, Ultra-HD, Quad-Core Set-Top with 802.11ac Wi-Fi
A stylish, high-quality UHD (4K) set-top in a small form factor, the VIP5402W is an IP platform which uses the latest technologies to reduce power consumption and increase processing capabilities. It is Android TV™ certified and capable of RDK 3.0, KreaTV™ and 3rd Party middleware on request.
High Quality Video Experience - Ultra-HD, 10-bit colour and High Dynamic Range deliver four times the resolution of full HD, improved colour reproduction and a wider luminance range for an image that’s even closer to reality, all at frame rates that allow fast-moving action with reduced blurring.
High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC/H.265) offers up to 50% bandwidth saving compared to the H.264 standard. HEVC can be used by operators to deliver a superior quality-of experience within the same bandwidth or to increase their existing capacity by re-encoding existing assets.
Enables a wide choice of User Experience – a high-performance processor, 3D OpenGL and fast LPDDR4 memory give the platform the power to support a wide range of middlewares including Android TV to deliver a modern user experience.
Connectivity - the VIP5402W is a highly-connected unit with integrated IEEE 802.11ac dual band wireless and Fast Ethernet. USB 2.0 allows the connection of additional storage devices for functions such as time-shift TV. The Bluetooth Low Energy remote control option supports voice search and allows for hidden installation.
- Android TV™ certified platform
- 2x2 dual-band selectable IEEE 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- RDK 3.0 and KreaTV ready and supports many PayTV middleware
- Powerful Quad-core Processor for a guaranteed futuristic user experience
- Netflix Compliant (subject to Netflix/operator certification and agreement)
- Support for a range of Conditional Access System options available, including ARRIS TITANIUM
- Ultra-HD with support for a wide range of HDR formats including HDR10, HLG and Dolby Vision (optional dependant on royalty)
- Industry-standard DRM support including pre-integration with Microsoft® PlayReady®, Widevine®, ARRIS SECUREMEDIA® DRM
- Interactive IP set-top supports Electronic Program Guides (EPG) and Video On Demand (VOD), and Multi-room DVR as well as many web/IP-delivered applications using rich advanced graphics
- Compliant with EU power consumption regulations
- HDMI™ 2.1
- Secure Bootloader
Note: specifications are subject to change without notice.
Processing & Memory
- Quad-core, 15000 DMIPS
- 2GB DDR4
- 8GB eMMC Flash, 4 MB SPI NOR (optional)
- 3D OpenGL ES3.1
- Video decode up to 4kp60 10bit
- HDR10, HLG and Dolby Vision HDR formats supported
- RJ-45 Fast Ethernet
- 2x2 802.11ac dual-band selectable Wi-Fi
- USB 2.0 Type A 500 mA
- HDMI™ 2.1
- RDK 2.x ready and supports traditional Pay-TV middleware
- ARRIS SecureMedia® DRM, Microsoft PlayReady®, Widevine® support
- ARRIS TITANIUM CAS, ARRIS Secure Bootloader support
- 120mm (W) x 120mm (D) x 20mm (H)
- External PSU, localized according to region
- EU Code-of-Conduct compliant
- Compliant to Energy Using Products Legislation EC No 1275/2008 and amendment EU 801/2013