ZS4210 Zapper Satellite Set-Top
DVB-S2, HEVC, HD Set-Top with optional 802.11n Wi-Fi
The ZS4210 is a small-form satellite HEVC (H.265) set-top box solution for lower-cost but still high-performance DVB operations. The product uses the latest silicon technology to reduce size and power consumption while increasing processing. It is capable of functioning as a stand-alone device or, via its networking as part of a connected home network.
A class-leading Broadcom processor delivers impressive performance over previous generations of devices whilst reducing power. Its high-capability CPU lends itself to hybrid broadcast and interactive operations and the processor is capable of supporting all modern security architectures (CAS and DRM). A flexible memory configuration supports a rich software experience and, finally, highly-sensitive broadcast tuners make for high reliability in challenging signal conditions.
High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC or H.265) is the next-generation of video codec, offering up to 50% bandwidth savings on the H.264 standard. HEVC can be used by operators to deliver a superior quality-of-experience within the same satellite bandwidth or to increase their existing capacity by re-encoding existing assets.
The ZS4210 integrates USB 2.0 and fast (10/100) Ethernet for the connection of peripherals and networking.
The unit supports an optional IEEE 802.11n dual-frequency MIMO Wi-Fi block for wireless networking or can interface via its built-in fast Ethernet to external networking such as PLC. These ARRIS-supplied modules are designed to build into an attractive and complimentary stack of components, allowing operators to extend ARPU in a staged manner.
The same unit also can be configured with an AVC only device for further costs savings, if HEVC is not required (ARRIS ZS4100).
- High-definition small-form STB solution with HEVC support
- Integrated DVB-S/S2 tuner/demodulator
- Full range of HD and SD video formats up to 1080p60
- HDMI 1.4™
- Compliant with EU power consumption regulations
- Range of middleware options available
- Range of conditional access options available including pre-integration with Titanium and Cisco Videoguard
- Industry-standard DRM support including pre-integration with Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Product Options
- 2×2 dual-band selectable IEEE 802.11n Wi-Fi
- Range of analogue outputs
- AVC only processor (ARRIS ZS4100)