Service assurance strategies are nothing new; most service providers use some form of home grown or commercial tools to address key areas such as network management, trouble ticketing, workforce management, outages and service restoration. These tools are helping to identify and fix service network and performance issues. But service-affecting issues stubbornly remain, calls to the call center, consumer dissatisfaction and churn are too high. There is the need to take service management to the next level through the use of big data and artificial intelligence.
ARRIS offers a suite of Service Assurance solutions focused directly on helping Service Providers address service quality issues and realize measurable benefits that increase customer satisfaction and reduce costs.
Why do something different?
- Service quality issues adversely impacting customer satisfaction scores and churn
- Intermittent quality issues resulting in multiple truck rolls
- A reactive approach to outage management is too late to avoid impacting customers
- Mean Time to Restore (MTTR) is too high
- Lack of real-time problem verification while techs are onsite, results in repeat truck rolls
- Network technologies in the last mile and the home network continue to evolve and increase the complexity of monitoring and management
Proactive service assurance designed with the customer in mind
Imagine a customer is experiencing issues with calls dropping due to intermittent Internet connections, leading to a very frustrated customer. Most tools and processes today lack the ability to accurately identify the root cause of quality service issues, especially those that occur intermittently over time. This often leads to rolling a truck and technician to a customer’s home or portion of the network to physically troubleshoot the issue. If the technician is unable to locate the problem, the customer continues to experience quality issues and is forced to call again the next time it happens. In the long run, this can eventually lead to the customer churning in search of better service quality.