Please read the following carefully to understand practices regarding your personal information.
If you are in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), the data controller for the purposes of European data protection law is ARRIS International plc 710 Wharfedale Rd, Winnersh, Wokingham RG41 5TP, UK.
ARRIS collects personal information when you register for an ARRIS webcast, ask to receive an ARRIS newsletter, or request ARRIS information from sales, employment, investor relations or general inquiries.
When you contact ARRIS, we may ask for your name, company, title, email address, physical address and telephone number.
ARRIS automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address and the page you requested.
ARRIS routinely collects information such as webcast time-stamps and logs events.
We also need to process personal information for the purpose of completing government and tax reports.
We have taken into account your rights and interests in determining the scope and manner of the processing of information about you:
RETENTION AND RELEVANCE
ARRIS retains personal information that it collects only for the period of time such information is required to achieve the purposes set forth above. For example, customer data will not be retained more than five years after you cease to be an active customer subject to any contractual, regulatory or audit requirements.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
ARRIS will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
ARRIS will send information about you to other companies or people only when:
- We have your consent to share the information; or
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested; or
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of ARRIS to provide an ARRIS product or service or to otherwise assist ARRIS with its business activities. (Unless we tell you otherwise, these companies do not have any right to use the personal information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us and are required to safeguard personal information and not to disclose personal information to others).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
ARRIS AND GDPR
ARRIS, including Ruckus Networks, believe that our existing and prospective customers, as well as their end users connecting to our technology, have a right to privacy and the ability to control how their personal data will be used. We support this new legislation and are implementing key measures across our entire business.
Our work towards compliance is rooted in our long-standing commitment to privacy and data security. Over the years, we’ve built protection and tools into our solutions to enable our customers to securely manage the data that they provide us. This is a key tenet of our corporate responsibility, and it serves as the foundation for our steps towards GDPR compliance. Learn more about ARRIS and GDPR.
You have the ability to edit, correct or erase your personal information, at any time. To request such account maintenance, please submit your request on our request page.
You may also indicate that you do not wish to receive messages from ARRIS regarding our products or services or update your information relating to such messages (opt-in/out or subscribe/unsubscribe) at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to ARRIS Marketing, 3871 Lakefield Drive, Suwanee, GA 30024, USA.
Following your request for either type of data editing, your information will be changed in ARRIS databases after we receive the information necessary to process your request.
If you are an EEA resident, you have the following rights (if applicable):
- Access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we are processing about you.
- Rectification. You have the right to have incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we process about you rectified.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we process about you, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction. You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal information where you believe such data to be inaccurate; our processing is unlawful; or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
- Portability. You have the right to obtain personal information we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal information which you have provided to us, and (b) if we are processing that data on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you.
- Objection. Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal information is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Withdrawing Consent. If you have consented to our processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge This includes where you wish to opt out from marketing messages.
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights in relation to your personal information by submitting a request. For your own privacy and security, at our discretion, we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. If you are based in, or the issue you would like to complain about took place, in the EEA, a list of local data protection authorities in the other EEA countries is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080
This Privacy Notice is written in English and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this notice, the English version prevails.