Verizon Communications has begun to roll out a new version of its FiOS TV interactive Media Guide for set-tops, reports Multichannel News.
Digital TV Europe posted an extensive interview with Bruce McClelland, ARRIS President of Network & Cloud and Global Services. Recorded at IBC 2014, the interview explores how consumer expectations are impacting service providers’ network plans.
Digital Production Middle East featured remarks by ARRIS Sean McCarthy and Charles Cheevers as they discussed the future of Ultra HD and user experiences.
In other industry news, viewing figures from the Broadcasters’ Audience Research Board revealed that in the UK, 88 percent of viewing on a TV set is done live, Advanced Television shared.
Finally, IP&TV News discussed data from Parks Associates indicating that 55 percent of US broadband households also subscribe to an OTT video service.
Check back next week for the latest industry news.
- Verizon Freshens Up FiOS TV Guide (Sept. 30) By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News: Verizon Communications has begun to roll out a new version of its FiOS TV interactive Media Guide for set-tops that tack on new features and several enhancements.
- ARRIS – IBC 2014 video interview (Oct. 3) By Stuart Thompson, Digital TV Europe: Arris’s Bruce McClelland talks to DTVE about OTT’s impact on cable and service providers’ response to the challenges ahead.
- User experience design (Sept. 18) By Adrian Pennington, Digital Production Middle East: Ultra HD will be delivered on large-screens promising a more immersive user experience and a chance for operators to rethink the user interface.
- UK: 88% of TV viewed is live (Oct. 1) By Staff, Advanced Television: January to June viewing figures for 2014 from the Broadcasters’ Audience Research Board (BARB) and the UK TV broadcasters reveal that viewers in the UK watched an average of 3 hours, 47 minutes a day of TV.
- 55% of US broadband households subscribe to OTT service (Sept. 26) By Thomas Campbell, IP&TV News: Fifty-five percent of US broadband households subscribe to an OTT video service, opening up new opportunities for cloud solutions, according to Parks.
Posted inAll Posts