The ARRIS OS32M2S/OS32Sxx series of Master/Slave Optical Switches provide fast switching times, low insertion loss and high packaging density, and all operate in dual-wavelength windows (ranges of 1280-1340 nm and 1420-1620 nm).
All OS32M2S/OS32Sxx series switches have a wide dynamic threshold adjustment range to support any combination of both analog and digital transmission applications. A threshold may be established for each switch over an extremely wide dynamic range.
These switches are self-sensing of fiber restoration for maximum network reliability and efficiency, and are fully controllable both locally and remotely.
Details for Master/Slave Optical Switch OS32M2S/OS32Sxx
- Non-latching 2x1 optical switches in Master/Slave module configurations
- All switches allow simultaneous counter-propagating signals
- Fast switching
- Wide range of user-settable switching thresholds (–22 to +22 dBm) for analog and digital transport applications
- All detection and control on Master switch (with all Slaves always following Master)
- Only light from A and B inputs are detected and control the switch (high isolation from any inputs at "out" ports)
- Low insertion loss
- Dual wavelength operating windows (1280–1340 nm and 1420–1620 nm)
- Low power consumption
- Local and remote status monitoring and control
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.