The ARRIS NC4000 series optical node platform supports a wide range of advanced architectures and is ideal for Fiber Deep and HFC applications. It is designed to provide the utmost reliability, flexibility, and adaptability in an outdoor optical node platform. With an ultra-high output level of up to 64 dBmV (at 1218 MHz) on each of the four RF ports of the OA4xxx RF Output Amplifier, the NC4000 can be used to extend the reach of the coax distribution network.
The flexible and rugged platform is 4x4 segmentable for HFC applications, and 2x2 segmentable in Fiber Deep applications. For the return path, this is achieved using the universal digital return transceiver, the DT4250, supporting multiple modes of operation, a single return ("1‐fer"), dual independent returns ("2‐ fer") or enhanced single return with increased performance and the option to cascade returns. Upstream transmission is enabled with plug-in SFP modules supporting 1310 nm, 1550 nm, and CWDM, or DWDM options, further expanding the deployment of advanced "bandwidth‐hungry" services into fiber‐poor areas while reducing real estate and powering requirements in the field.
The NC4000 supports deployment of a wide range of field‐hardened EDFAs and optical switches for extending fiber reach, routing options, and system reliability. Integrated remote monitoring is provided through the digital return transceiver with remote network management capability, eliminating the added cost of a third‐party status monitoring transponder. The NC4000 optical node platform also supports next‐generation architectures and technologies such as Node PON, Remote PHY, and more, providing a seamless migration to support tomorrow's services.
Details for NC4000 Series Optical Nodes
1.2 GHz bandwidth; 2x2 Fiber Deep or 4x4 HFC segmentation scalability
NC4000S4 Segmentable HFC Node
- 1x1 to 4x4 segmentation
- Supports 56 dBmV RF Output capability at 1218 MHz at 0 dBm Optical Input
NC4000H4 Fiber Deep Node
- 1x1 to 2x2 segmentation
- Supports 60.5 dBmV RF Output capability at 1218 MHz at 0 dBm Optical Input
NC4000H5 Fiber Deep Node
- 1x1 to 2x2 segmentation
- Supports 64 dBmV RF Output capability at 1218 MHz at 0 dBm Optical Input
- Three alternative passband splits: 42/54 MHz, 65/85 MHz, and 85/102 MHz
- Advanced Universal Digital Return via DT4250 Universal Digital Transmitter
- Integrated status monitoring
- Integrated Ethernet transport
- Improved performance
- Selectable segmentation and return bandwidth
- 58 return laser options (SFPs)
- Redundant power supplies, receivers, digital return transmitters, RF and Optical switches
- Splice tray for optical passives
- Six universal module slot positions for:
- Forward receiver
- Universal Digital Return (with integrated monitoring management)
- Optical and/or RF switch
- Node PON OLT
Get Connected to the Access Technologies Resource Center where you can find Manuals, Quick Guides, Data Sheets, Videos and much more!
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.