Android TV is a mainstream set top operating system which enables Pay TV service providers to deliver a rich customer experience on the main TV. Android TV is an increasingly popular choice amongst Pay TV operators due to it offering:
- An Operator branded experience combined with familiar Google features like YouTube™,
Chromecast built-in and Google Play Store Applications
- Short time to market and rapid feature development
- Google Play Store with revenue share opportunities
- Innovation through an extensive open source ecosystem
- Simplified development and support by using a common platform and user experience across device types
- A large pool of developer resources
- Google TV Services (GTVS / GMS)
ARRIS employs a modular approach to set-top design to offer a wide-range of high-quality, cost-effective Android TV capable products for all distribution network types; IP, cable, satellite & terrestrial TV.
To simplify and accelerate the deployment of Android™ based TV services, ARRIS provides complete solutions, integrating the set-top hardware, the latest version of the Android TV operating system, additional software components, and a customized user interface (UI), all supported with a full suite of professional services.
To further enhance Android for use in service provider platforms, we integrate the necessary additional components, such as those providing support for:
- DVB tuners
- Multicast video for IPTV
- DVR / PVR / Time-shift TV
- Conditional Access and DRM security systems
- Multichannel audio
- Parental controls
- Easy migration between software platforms and secure software downloads
- Remote management and monitoring
- Bluetooth Low energy (BLE) remote control with voice search
ARRIS has been developing solution with Android TV since 2014 with implementations for major service providers. All ARRIS Android products fulfill the Android compatibility program which includes the Compatibility Definition Document (CDD), the Compatibility Test Suite (CTS), and the Vendor Test Suite (VTS).
Details for Video Device Portfolio for Android TV™
All models support:
- Resolution up to UHD HDR 2160p60 10-bit
- Video codecs: HEVC, MPEG-4 AVC, VP9, MPEG-2 (optional)
- IR Remote, optional BLE Remote
|Zx4430||2x2 802.11ac||Dual core (7000 DMIPS)||DVB-C, DVB-T, DVB-S||120mm W x 120mm D x 40mm H|
|Zx4515||2x2 802.11ac||Quad core (15000 DMIPS)||DVB-C, DVB-T, DVB-S||120mm W x 120mm D x 40mm H|
|Zx4517||4x4 802.11ac||Quad core (15000 DMIPS)||DVB-C, DVB-T, DVB-S||120mm W x 120mm D x 40mm H|
|VIP5202W||2x2 802.11ac||Dual core (7000 DMIPS)||IP||120mm W x 120mm D x 20mm H|
|VIP5402W||2x2 802.11ac||Quad core (15000 DMIPS)||IP||120mm W x 120mm D x 20mm H|
|VIP6102W||4x4 802.11ac||Quad core (15000 DMIPS)||IP||156mm W x 137mm D x 21mm H|
|Px5517||4x4 802.11ac||Quad core (15000 DMIPS)||DVB-C, DVB-T, DVB-S||120mm W x 120mm D x 45mm H|
|Quad core (15000 DMIPS)||IP||270mm W x 137mm D x 25mm H|
Deployment & Support Services
Our solutions with Android TV includes a full set of life-cycle services; from consultancy through to on-going support:
- Consulting, strategy development
- Launcher & App development, for the set-top and companion devices
- Integration of operator launcher and third-party apps
- CAS/DRM integration
- Backend integration with BSS/OSS monitoring etc.
- End to end testing
- Google certification including CTS, VTS and GTS testing
- 3rd Party certification, e.g. Netflix®
- Software & hardware support, including support for mandatory updates
Google, Android, Android TV, Google Play Store, YouTube, and Chromecast built-in are trademarks of Google Inc.
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.