The Universal Services Multiplexer (USM) dynamically aggregates video and data into MPEG2-TS Multiple Program Transport Streams (MPTSs) and transmits the bundles digitally over a fiber link to the nodes, where Aurora's RQ4000 series Remote QAM modules perform QAM-RF modulation for the Aurora Networks' optical node platform.
The USM enables the Remote QAM modules to carry any mix of services—broadcast, narrowcast, cable IPTV, and DOCSIS, even in the same QAM channel.
Details for Universal Services Multiplexer
- Centralized configuration and service management for attached Remote QAM modules
- VBR and CBR Multiplexing of input SPTS
- MPTS remultiplexing and MPTS passthrough
- PID remapping/add/drop/filtering and PCR correction
- DEPI and DTI for M-CMTS
- SFP/SFP+ optical transmitter leverages datacomm innovation for distance and wavelength optimization
A trusted ally, providing expert lifecycle services to help service providers transform how they deliver entertainment and communications. With over 850 technical professionals in over 40 countries, ARRIS Global Services helps service providers grow their business by getting to market faster, reducing operating expenses, streamlining operations and ensuring high service availability. Our specialties are data and video applications and infrastructure, and the consumer experience. We provide lifecycle services to help plan, design, implement and operate integrated solutions for ARRIS and third-party products.